“The Case of Horst
Arthur is a 32 year old African american man who is employed as a nursing instructor at a community college and is married with two children. He seeks counseling from Horst after he becomes involved in an intimate relationship with Mark, an openly gay man. Mark also works at the community college, and their coworkers have gossiped among themselves about their relationship although no one has said anything directly to either of them. Arthur believes he has come to the point in his life when heterosexual marriage is no longer viable for him. He presents with several issues, including coming out to his wife and children and redefining himself as a gay man. He believes his wife suspects the truth and will come to accept who he is, but he fears losing the close realtionship he has enjoyed with his children.
1. What are the issues Horst must address in providing counseling to Arthur?
2. What information will Horst need in order to be a culturally competent counselor in this situation?
3. What skills will Horst need to be a culturally competent counselor in this situation?
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post What are the issues Horst must address in providing counseling to Arthur? appeared first on Nursing Homework Help.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support